Monday, May 19, 2008

I'm running a 10K!


I saw the notice on the sacrament meeting program: my stake is sponsoring a 5/10K walk/run next month, and I am totally going to run it. I haven't been working out since my winter of sickness, but this has been great motivation to get me working out regularly again. I ran 4 miles on Saturday, and I am still proud of myself. I don't think I have ever run that far. Damon is going to run the 10K with me. I had to talk him into it, let's just say he owes me. I am glad he is running too. I've never run a group run before, not even a 5K, mostly because they usually cost money, and I'm too cheap to pay $40 to run 3 miles. Hello, that's why I started running, because it's free. Anyway, Yea me for running a 10K. Who knows what will be next, maybe a half marathon. ya, right.

1 comment:

Alvords said...

Way to go Rachel, I have to say running races is really awesome and motivating. And I love that picture of you running you look hot. HA HA!! We need to get together when you guys come into town this weekend, I'm thinking BBQ.