Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Tid Bits, i.e. Ramblings

I love the way spices look when they are added all at once in recipes. The cool brown and greens. (See recipe at bottom).

I've discovered that here in the Northwest, I can't leave tomatoes in their grocery bag on the counter overnight. They will mold like I've never seen. With fuzz that was at least an inch long. Granted I did have the humidifier running in the kitchen that day because Brooklyn was sick, but still.

The pretty consistent cloud cover we have here has affected Damon much more than it has me, and we totally thought it would be the other way around. The other day he said, "The sun was just out, and now it's gone again." My reply: "Oh, didn't you know? We live in Seattle."

We are only a family of four, and though we have been that number for over a year and a half now, I'm still surprised every week by how much laundry we generate.

We bought electric toothbrushes after our last dental appointments. They are the best thing I have done for my teeth since I started flossing regularly. Seriously, they are the best.

This is one of my favorite recipes, I got it from my sister Deborah, and like I said earlier, I really like how all the spices look when I put them in.

PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP BREAD

4 oz cream cheese

1/4 C butter

1 1/4 C sugar

2 eggs

2 C pumpkin (you can buy this in cans in the baking aisle)

1/2 t vanilla

2 C flour

1 t baking soda

1/2 t salt

1/2 t cinnamon

1/4 t ginger

1/4 t ground cloves

1/4 t nutmeg

Cream up to the vanilla, mix dry ingredients separately and add to dry ingredients. Muffins bake at 375 for 20-25 min. 50-60 minutes for loaves. I use mini loaf pans. Mmm, yummy! Think of me when you make this, and, Enjoy!


No comments: