Thursday, March 6, 2008

On Second Thought

Remember how I said I wasn't a disaster in the kitchen. Wait 'til you hear these stories. I was making a sauce, and the last step said to add corn starch, so I did. I put a little in some liquid, and it started to foam up, and I thought, hmm, that's never happened before. I added it to the sauce and the whole thing foamed, a lot. I looked at the container I had used, and I had added baking powder instead of Corn Starch. I threw the whole thing away and fed the kids ramen for dinner. Then . . . I'm at a church activity this week (the RS birthday dinner) and the lady in charge asked me to come early and help out in the kitchen. We set up an assembly line to put the meals together. I had moved a crockpot to where I was working, and I was peacefully serving up broccoli. Someone even came in and mentioned, "It smells like something is burning in here." I still didn't clue in. But after a few minutes, I picked up the crockpot to move it, and I had set it on a burner that was on, and melted the plastic feet to the burner. Fun Huh? Dinner at my place anyone?

3 comments:

Chantalita said...

I doubt it is much comfort, but I am right there with you!! Ramen here I come.

Terra said...

Hey, I'll still come for dinner!

Rachel said...

Thanks guys. You make me feel better!