Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter



I love dying Easter eggs. The eggs above are dyed with silk ties and onion skins. You wrap the eggs in the silk ties and then in a cut up sheet and boil them. It is so fun to unwrap the eggs after they have cooled and see what designs the prints transferred.


My sister told me how the date of the Easter holiday is determined: It is the first Sunday after the first full moon after the first day of spring. We had all three right in a row this year, this is the earliest Easter has been in 200 years.


Saturday we went to my sister's house for an egg hunt and a birthday get together for my nephew, and then Sunday we went to the Taits for a nice dinner with their family who were in town.

3 comments:

Chantalita said...

Wow, the egg designs are so cool. Easter with the Taits!! How fun.

Rachel said...

Easter with Amy and Kyle Tait, not Ded and Ty Tait. Just to clarify.

Janan said...

So cool, i love dyeing easter eggs, I'm definitely trying the silk ties thing next year.