Saturday, February 14, 2009

We Painted!







We painted our bedroom, all in one weekend. I did the big stuff with the rollers, and Damon painted the detail. It gives the room a nice warm feeling. I'm proud of us because we are not painters. We've been in the house now for a year and a half, and we still have mostly white walls. I think the paint brings the room together nicely. But as you can see from the pictures, we still don't have drapes, and I don't quite know what would look good. Our bed cover is light blue with dark brown trim, and the walls are now an orangish brown. So if anyone has any suggestions, or links I should check out, I would love some advice!

3 comments:

Chantalita said...

Looks great!! Love the pillow ensemble as well. I am not great at decorating...so I'll spare you an advice, as you are better off without it.

Terra said...

Awesome job!

Laura said...

You can find some cute inexpensive curatins at IKEA but they come in super duper long panels and need to be hemmed. A few other places to try would be Bed Bath and Beyond or even Target. The paint job looks awesome.... I've always been too nervous to try anykind of a special paint treatment. Just getting the paint on the walls evenly and not on the ceiling or the carpet is tough enough for me! =)