Thursday, September 18, 2008

I've fallen in love



It was very unexpected. I have fallen in love with the Northwest. The most I was hoping for was that I wouldn't cry myself to sleep at night because I missed my family so much (need I say I did that exact thing a few times on my mission). But we are all in different places now and raising our own families. And my sisters and I have already sworn to each other that when we are old and widows we will live together again and make our kids crazy, and make our grandkids come visit us. But back to Seattle. I really love it. I'm sure my sister Deborah and I will continue to complain about the rain when it returns, but there is so much to do and see, and I haven't even seen or done half of it. And there is so much natural beauty up here. And the people are so nice. Not just the church members, so many people in the little town I live in are extremely nice. So while I do miss my family and friends in Utah incredibly, and am sad that I am missing so much of your lives, I am happy for this time here. And to our loved ones in Texas who we haven't visited in years and years, if you read my blog, please know that we plan trips to Texas at least twice a year, but the plans always get abandoned in the end due to cost. Please forgive us.

And as a note: I've added a "I read Nie Nie" widget on my sidebar. This is an incredible blog. This woman and her husband were in a private plan crash recently and her sister is caring for their 4 children while they make their slow recovery. They are reposting Nie Nie's blog entries. And they are incredible. Her blog is warm and funny and definitely worth the read. I wish health and a quick recovery for her and her husband.

1 comment:

Terra said...

I'm so glad you like the northwest! I really hope we can join you up there next year, but Utah is starting to grow on me.