Saturday, June 14, 2008

Yeah Me! I ran my first 10K!



My time was 56.42. That is less than 10 minute miles! Damon ran it in 48.16. He skunked me, but that meant he was free to take the pictures at the finish line. The real rockstar is my friend Heather, who I ran with most of the way. She is 12 weeks along, carrying her 5th baby, and she ran the 10K today. Hats off to her. Then we went home and took naps. :)

Actually today is the town's birthday celebration, "Maple Valley Days". Damon and I came home after the run, hurried and showered, and left again with the kids to catch the town parade. We just made it to the end of the parade, but we were on our bikes (Damon was pulling the kids in the bike trailor) and they let us ride our bikes up the length of the parade while it was still going on so the kids could see it. It's pretty cool living in a small town. There weren't any huge floats or anything, but there were horses, and the kids liked that.

Then we came home for lunch, Damon and I were both starving, and really tired. And everybody took a nap.

4 comments:

Chantalita said...

That is awesome!!! You both rock! Congrats for making the goal and accomplishing it.

And wow, to run while pregnant, amazing. 5th child? You'd never know. She looks great.

I am very impressed with all three of you.

Terra said...

Yeah for you! That's awesome.

Janan said...

You rock. You'll never catch me doing that.

Deb, Ty, Jack, Elodie & Sophia said...

Rach,
So I'm new to the commenting on blogs, mostly because I'm clueless and spaced, but was so happy to see your cute note on my blog, so I thought I would check yours out since it has been a while, love it! I am so proud of you for doing the 10k, I'm still working on the whole running one block, I need help. I'm waiting for my energy to come back, but it's not, maybe it's the fact that I am now 30 and somehow that means my body aged 10 years in a matter of months, so sad. But, you have inspired me, I am gonna check out upcoming races and sign up, and that way I'll have to go cause heck, I'm not gonna throw $20 down the toilet :) Miss ya tons and hope that you'll be making it back out to Ut soon and have a longer visit. Love ya, Deb