Wednesday, January 9, 2008

The Twilight Series!




I finally broke down and bought the Twilight Series by Stephanie Meyer (funny, I knew her name without even looking). I have had my name on the waiting list at my library for months now, but with over 150 people ahead of me in line, I knew it was going to be a long wait. I asked my lovely sister Becki (who is MOVING UP HERE, she'll be here this weekend. More on that later) if she has read them, and she said, "No, I don't really feel the need to read about mormon vampires." I laughed at that one. She is kind of a literary snob, though she won't admit it when I accuse her of that. She reads books like, Wicked, Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister, and The Time Traveler's Wife. She would never read Harry Potter when all the hype was going on. But she bought the set of seven for herself for Christmas. We'll get her hooked.

2 comments:

Janan said...

That's all well and good, but read them! The whole time you will be aware of the fact that you should be mocking these books, but despite that you will love em. EEK. you got me all excited, now I'll have to go break em off the shelf again.

Rachel said...

I know, seriously. But I just finished "The Memory Keeper's Daughter," thus ignoring the rest of my life. And I am making myself catch up on some "must get dones" before I start Twilight. But I promise, this week.