Saturday, January 5, 2008

Happy New Year!

We spent the holidays back and forth between our house and the Jensen's (My sister and her family). Damon, Deborah and I went snowboarding on Monday (Deb skiied), and Marc was very nice and watched the kids all day for us. I haven't been boarding since before Brooklyn was born. I used to go 4 to 5 times a season, more when we would go to the cheap night boarding at Brighton in Utah. And at that time I felt I was getting pretty good, but Monday was disastrous. Actually, I had a few good runs, but I tried the rope tow for the first time in my life, and let me tell you, it is not for me. I fell twice, hard, and that thing goes fast. After the second fall, and some unseen person stopping the rope for me so the people behind me didn't ski over me, I crawled off to the side and walked the rest of the way to the lodge. The day didn't get much better after that for me. I came to the conclusion that unless I can go more often than once every three years, my snowboarding days might be over. I thanked Deborah and Damon for helping me admit this truth to myself: that I just don't like boarding enough to beat myself up that bad. Phew!

1 comment:

Janan said...

RACHEL! you make me laugh. I learned to ski on our Honeymoon 11 years ago. Since then I have been skiing about 5 times, so you can guess how good I am. I hat feeling out of control and too often I knew that i nearly went off the edge of the mountain. I swear. Anyway sounds like you had a good time!