Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Conversations around the house

Devin wanted to pry open the metal tab on a new box of Malt-o-Meal. When he accomplished this feat, he yelled, "I did it, I'm going to go tell Daddy I did it." jumped down from his stool, and ran to tell Damon, who was in the bathroom with the door closed, getting ready for work. From the kitchen I hear Devin yell, "Daddy, I did it." And then ran back into the kitchen and told me, "Daddy said, Yea!" Later Damon and I were laughing about it. Damon had said, "Oh, yea, what did you do?" To which Devin replied: "I did it!"

Brooklyn had a friend over this afternoon, and they were headed into the bathroom in their bathing suits to take a "swimsuit bath." Brooklyn yelled to her little friend, "Let me go first because I'm . . . . Brooklyn."

The kids are into potty talk lately. The other night Damon was reading to the kids. I came up the stairs to hear them talking about farting, and I hear Damon say to the kids, "We only talk about this with me, not with mommy, or other adults. Awesome (I know who he got this parenting tactic from!)

3 comments:

Terra said...

Hey, some things are only between kids and Dad. :)

Chantalita said...

So very, very cute. Gives such a nice little snippet of family life.

Janan said...

A couple times Roan has said something inappropriate and he replies "Oh, yea, not in front of the ladies!" I have tried to tell Michael how about not at all, but I don't think anything has changed.