Thursday, November 27, 2008

Festivia







Ok, so I hosted Thanksgiving at my house this year for the first time EVER. My sweet sister Deborah hosted all the holidays at her house last year, and asked me if this year I would host one of them. So one thing you should know about me, is I am not fancy at all. I didn't buy china when I got married (mostly because I was (am) totally oblivious to customs like these). And I like having people over, but I don't have anything nice to host a fancy dinner. Yesterday, the day before Thanksiving, I ran to the dollar store and bought some goblets for sparkling cider, 4 table runners, three of which I cut up and sewed into matching napkins, and copied Brooklyn's Thanksgiving table craft from preschool and made some cool candleholders for the placesettings. Needless to say, I am a domestic goddess, and this should be a craft blog, LOL.

2 comments:

Chantalita said...

Dear Domestic Goddess:

I am impressed by the making of matching napkins. Your center pieces are very well done. Points for you.

Janan said...

impressive!