Monday, November 12, 2007

Fiction Writer

My mother's picture frames told a story of her history. As we dismanlted her house, we removed her pictures from their frames. She updated her photos occasionally, and behind the first photo were usually 5 or 6 photos that had previously filled the frame. She left behind her story in this way.

Isn't that a good beginning to a story? I'm not a writer, but I enjoy writing, sometimes. I have lots of ideas cooking in my brain. I really liked this one. I just don't have the hard core discipline that I would need to really write something. Plus really good writing is pretty rare. I took a "writing children's literature" class once, and even the picture books I wrote stunk pretty bad. But this is why I enjoy journaling, and blogging. I think all bloggers are journallers of a sort. We are telling our story, even if no one is reading it.

2 comments:

Chantalita said...

I really think you could write, and I think you do have the discipline. My friend Jeremy wrote a novel and I actually really liked it. I sent you an e-mail about the writer of Gone With the Wind. She didn't think she was a great writer either and she only gave the transcript to the publisher after an insulting comment from a friend.

Terra said...

Great comments on writing. I also think I lack the discipline to really writer one day, but you never know. I'd definitely buy anything you wrote and not just because we're friends!