Thursday, November 29, 2007

Devin's Therapy (We've screwed him up already)



As Devin approached his first birthday, I started to get worried about his movement, or actually his lack of movement. If I laid him down on his back, he would stay there. And it was worse if I put him on his tummy, he would get upset. Basically he was stuck if I laid him down. No rolling over, sitting up (although he can scoot if I sit him down, you've seen that video), no standing, walking, anything. So we took our pediatrician's advice and signed him up for some physical therapy. They gave us some exercises to do with him at the initial consultation. And (drum roll) within one week he could sit up by himself, and by the following week he could pull himself to standing and cruise along furniture. He's making great strides. I am so proud of him.

1 comment:

Chantalita said...

He certainly is cute. Glad to hear he is moving too.