Monday, March 2, 2009

I wish I had a picture

We could have made America's Funniest this weekend, if only someone had been rolling a camera. Damon was gone, and I was in the shower (I'm sure you see where this is going). When I got out of the shower, Brooklyn said to me, "Devin is spraying that thing." We have a spray bottle with water in it that the kids love to spray, and I assumed she was talking about that, so I wasn't worried. Then she said, come on, and ran out of the room, so I ran with her. Damon had made waffles for breakfast that morning and left the Pam nonstick spray sitting on the counter. So here's what happened: I saw Devin pushing down on the spray button with a gleeful look on his face, I run into the kitchen and yell, Devin no!, but before I can say anything else, I slip and fall on the thick oozy pam spray that has now coated the floor. Sitting there, I was trying unsuccessfully to get up, and just getting more greased up, trying not to laugh so that Devin knows this is serious, not funny, but man, it was hard not to laugh. We were covered. I put Devin in time out until I was finished cleaning up. And Brooklyn did a great job cleaning with me.

2 comments:

Janan said...

oh my gosh, Rach! Yucky. Roan once poured syrup all over Michael's Ruck-sack. We had to carefully empty it and take it to the laundry mat. When I wen to tell Micahel what had happened I started with, "Remember, he's your only Son..."

Laura said...

That definitely paints a hilarious mental picture! Oh the things kids do....